We Believe – Statement of Faith
1. The Bible is the Word of God: – We believe that the Bible is completely inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error, unified in its redemptive purpose, yielding a complete revelation of God’s will. It is the infallible guide and authority in matters pertaining to conduct, life, revelation, and doctrine. (1 Timothy 3:16; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Peter 1:21; Hebrews 4:12).
2. The person of God: – The One true God is One, revealed and manifested in three Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Philippians 2:6), infinitely perfect and eternal in existence and equal in glory, majesty and power (Matthew 28:18; Luke 3:21-22).
God the Father is the Creator of all things and the Author of eternal redemption (Matthew 6:9).
Jesus Christ is God the Son, the redeemer of Mankind conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died on the Cross for our sins, was buried, resurrected bodily on the third day and appeared to His disciples (1 Corinthians 15:1-8). He ascended to the Father, where He continues His High Priestly ministry. He will personally and physically return for a glorious Church and execute judgement upon the wicked (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18).
Holy Spirit is the Person and Power of the Godhead promised by the Father and manifested in the Church today, the revealer of Truth and distributor of gifts in the Body of Christ.
3. Humanity’s fallen nature and redemption:- Originally man was created in the image of God, to rule and reign in dominion over the Earth (Genesis 1:27). However, humanity fell into sin, and the ‘sin nature’ entered into creation, separating man from God with a total incapability for saving itself (Romans 5:12). All have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. Jesus Christ manifested Himself on the Earth as 100% man and 100% God to undo the work of sin and the powers of demonic legions over mankind as He shed His blood as the atoning sacrifice in humanities place… (The wages, the price for sin is death) this created redemption, restoration through the rebirth experience (Romans 3:10, 23; 5:14 1 John 3:8). Rebirth is a gift of grace from God to man, through a faith walk in Christ (Ephesians 2:8; Matthew 28:19; Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38).
4. Eternal life through the new birth:- The power of sin and death destroyed by Christ when He took upon Himself our sin on the cross of Calvary and then resurrected to be with the Father, providing the avenue in which a person: spirit, soul and body can be fully transformed and made anew. The new birth is necessary to all, with the first step being godly sorrow that works its way into repentance, and then becoming a habitation of God.
5. Water baptism:- Water baptism is the public proclamation of a faith lifestyle with Christ, being fully immersed in water representing our death, burial and resurrection with Christ (Acts 2:38; Matthew 28:19-20).
6. Sanctification:- Without holiness no man can see the Lord. The Doctrine of Sanctification is a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until that consummation of salvation… a specific work of sanctification is the removal of the roots of particular sins and struggles.
7. Baptism of Fire:- The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a promised gift of Jesus Christ to believers. The Holy Spirit was poured out at Pentecost and is presently awaiting to abide and empower all believers today, often subsequent to the new birth and often times accompanied with the evidence by speaking with other tongues (Acts 2:1-4; 10:44-46; 19:1-6; Matthew 3:11; John 14:16-17) and for the empowerment to witness (Acts 1:8). Furthermore with this baptism there is the accompaniment of the nature and character of God, as the Spirit takes up residence within the believer. At this point gifts of the Spirit and works of Christ accompanied by the nature of Christ become normal (1 Corinthians 12-14; Romans 5:5; Galatians 5:22-23).
8. The Body of Christ:- The Church is the Body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Ephesians 1:22-23), His Bride (Ephesians 5:25) and Temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16), the expression of the present rule and reign of Christ’s Kingdom of God on the Earth. Christians are members of the Universal, mystical, Body by faith-they are a Holy Priesthood of believers. They need to live out their commitment to Christ in love, unity and community with other body members in practical expression of Christian faith in action. Christ gifted His Church with unity and a five-fold ministry of apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers for the maturing, ordering, equipping, and releasing the whole body to do the works of service that reveal His glory (Ephesians 4:11-16).
9. Divine Healing:- Divine healing is within Christ’s work of atonement (1 Pet 2:24) and part of the gift of salvation. Actually the Greek word of salvation, healing and deliverance is more often than not the same word sozo. Healing is communicated and distributed by God’s grace, gifts of the Holy Spirit ministered by believers, laying on of hands, anointing with oil, and simple faith alone, minister healing for the whole person (emotional, mental, physical) and deliverance from oppression by the devil (Acts10:38; Mark 16:17-18; Jas 5:14-16). The Gospel is not only in Word, but in power and “these signs will follow those who believe.”
10. Laying on of hands:- The laying on of hands, as practiced in the New Testament, is an operation of the Holy Spirit for impartation from God, empowerment, receiving spiritual gifts, healing the sick, ordaining ministries, blessings, and sending out of ministries of service (Acts 13:3).
11. Life of the Believer:- All Christians are called into a life of separation from sinful practices should take every opportunity to promote righteousness and godliness (James 4:4; Romans 12:1-2, 13:1-10; 2 Corinthians 6:14-18; 1 John 2:15-17). Holiness is the release of Christ within each and every believer by the power of the Holy Spirit, revealing both His image in us and His nature, changing us from glory to glory (Galatians, 2 Corinthians 3:18).
12. Marriage:- We believe that the Bible teaches that God established marriage as only between a man and a woman (Genesis 2:24; Matthew 19:4,5), and that all sexual conduct outside the bounds of marriage is sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-10) with fornication, adultery, incest, homosexuality and bestiality all being described by God as abominations (Leviticus 18:6-30). We further believe that the physical condition in which a person is born, including their gender, is established by God (Exodus 4:11; John 9:30), therefore claims of innate sexual confusion are false and transvestism and its related perversions including sex change operations are abominations before God (Deuteronomy 22:5). We further believe that declaring Gods Word and warning people of the temporal and eternal consequences of their sins, including sexual perversions, is an act of loving concern. God’s Word remains true and His prohibitions, including those on sexual perversions and immoralities, cannot be satisfied or amended by any human government authority.
13. MINISTRY:- We believe in the Five Fold Ministry: apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers should be represented in the body of Christ today.
14. PRE-TRIBULATION RAPTURE:- We believe in the Pre-Tribulation Rapture of all true believers (living and dead) to meet the Lord in the air and be taken out of this world prior to the Tribulation that will come upon the whole world. We further believe that all true believers that are also called The Church or The Body of Christ or The Bride, will be taken up to meet the Lord in the air whether or not they are watching for His return, or whether or not they have unconfessed sin in their life. Gods Word tells us that Salvation is by Grace, of Faith, and not based on keeping a set of rules or on our behavior. It is based on Gods covenant with all who believe and is secured by God’s own name. We believe that He is Faithful and will fulfill His covenant and promise. (Isaiah 26:19-21; Joel 2:15-16; Matthew 24:29-31; Luke 20:35; Luke 21:36; John 11:25-26; Romans 1:18; Romans 5:9; Philippians 3:14; Philippians 3:21; 1 Thessalonians 1:10; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Thessalonians 5:9; Hebrews 9:28; 2 Peter 2:7-9; Rev. 3:10; Rev. 5:7-10; Rev. 7:13-14) (Acts 1:11; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17; Titus 2:12-14; 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10).